Sunday 27 February 2011

The Great Guzzler

The Great Guzzler is a character driven by her base need for food, like most people, but she seems to have taken it a lot further than others. From a psychological point of view I'd say that she eats as a comfort, to block out the gravity of her situation. She is also fed by the Mistress, who keeps her as a pet and likes to spoil her. It is for these reasons I decided to base my designs for her on a Hen. All you ever seem to see a chicken do is peck at the ground, trying to find food. They are very easily pleased and usually, if they are personified, are plump and jolly creatures, which is what I want my Guzzler to be.

A normal Hen - which is what I used for my inspiration

 Basic body shape - Pose by Lizzie (with lots of extra padding!)

 Final Design - done using pen, watercolour pencils, pencils and chalk pastel

Final Design - Back and Side view

I think the designs have turned out well, I particularly like the colouring in her face and hair, I think the little details help a lot with these drawings.

Thanks for looking, 
Sal XX

No comments: